Journey to the ancient Basilicata
Discover the enchanting and untamed region of Basilicata, steeped in a rich history of popular traditions and beliefs. This land is imbued with an ancient magic that has been passed down through generations, resulting in a fascinating blend of religious and mystical practices. Join us on a mysterious journey as we delve into the nature, folklore, anthropology, literature, miracles, legends, and eerie tales that have endured the test of time.
Open your eyes to a new perspective and explore the wonders of Basilicata like never before.
Our hashtags: #mysteries, #mysteries of the earth, #mystery, #mysteries of the world, #mysterious places, #mysterious land, #explore, #magical world, #magic, #legends, #folklore, #ancient legends, #books on myths and legends, mythological #stories, #myths, #stories of Saints
Articles of Basilicata Mystery
- Il monachicchio – the little monkThe lively and playful Monachicchio which, however, can disturb our sleep. How to protect yourself from his nocturnal pranks?
- The legend of the dragon of VenosaThe legend of the Venosa dragon remains alive in local culture and continues to inspire and enchant those who hear it.
- Trip to Lucania – Viaggio in Lucania 1965Trip to Lucania – Viaggio in Lucania, directed by Luigi Di Gianni in 1965, is a documentary that denounces the plight of the Lucanian farmers
- Astragali: the ancestors of diceThe game or divination with the astragali, little bones of the lower limbs of goats and rams, were used a lot by the Greeks and Romans
- The myth of the warrior Basilèus of BaragianoThe myth of the warrior Basilèus of Baragiano, rich and powerful warlord. The archeopark of Baragiano recounts his deeds
- Luigi Di GianniLuigi di Gianni was one of the greatest Italian documentary filmmakers delving into anthropological, religious and social themes.
- San Giuseppe bonfiresBonfires of San Giuseppe. A rite that has survived the centuries representing a ritual of purification and consecration
- A ghost in Miglionico castle?The sad story of a young bride and her tragic death within the walls of the castle of Miglionico.
- Forenza CrucifixThere are several legends related to the Crucifix of Forenza. A statue with a unique feature, to visit and admire.