Journey to the ancient part of Basilicata
Basilicata is an ancient and wild region.
A magical and archaic land, steeped in popular traditions and beliefs. A land where ancient practices persisted and were handed down from generation to generation, so as to give shape to a magical-religious syncretism.
We will explore it together looking at it with new eyes, a mysterious journey of its nature, folklore, anthropology, books, miracles, legends and strange stories that have survived despite the passage of time.
#mysteries, #mysteries of the earth, #mystery, #mysterious places, #mysteries of the world, #mysterious places, #mysterious land, #explore, #magical world, #magic, #legends, #folklore, #ancient legends, #books on myths and legends, mythological #stories, #myths, #stories of Saints
- Il monachicchio – the little monkThe lively and playful Monachicchio which, however, can disturb our sleep. How to protect yourself from his nocturnal pranks?
- The legend of the dragon of VenosaThe legend of the Venosa dragon remains alive in local culture and continues to inspire and enchant those who hear it.
- Trip to Lucania – Viaggio in Lucania 1965Trip to Lucania – Viaggio in Lucania, directed by Luigi Di Gianni in 1965, is a documentary that denounces the plight of the Lucanian farmers
- Astragali: the ancestors of diceThe game or divination with the astragali, little bones of the lower limbs of goats and rams, were used a lot by the Greeks and Romans
- The myth of the warrior Basilèus of BaragianoThe myth of the warrior Basilèus of Baragiano, rich and powerful warlord. The archeopark of Baragiano recounts his deeds
- Luigi Di GianniLuigi di Gianni was one of the greatest Italian documentary filmmakers delving into anthropological, religious and social themes.